are you already fostering with another agency or local authority?
Each child and young person in foster care in Powys is our responsibility, so we work hard to find a home that fits exactly what they need. We want, wherever possible, to keep children close to home so we always approach our own foster carers first before going to an agency.
You may have been approved for a while but haven’t yet been able to offer a child a home or may have felt that you haven’t found the right match. You might be caring for a Powys child through your agency, but don’t feel that you are an integral part of the team around the child who have the knowledge and experience of children in Powys and know what family will best meet their needs. We are about people, not profit.
why you should foster with us
Our aim is to support and empower all our foster carers because that means we can build better futures for the children living in Powys. Our aim is to support and empower all our foster carers because that means we can build better futures for the children living in Powys. We work with our carers to match children with the right home.
By listening to you, getting to know you and your family, life, and home we can match you with the foster child who is the best fit for your skills and circumstances. We care about making the best matches. And that’s because it’s simple: better matches mean better outcomes.
what we'll provide
- A dedicated team of experienced fostering staff• • Support network of foster carers and peer support based in Powys
- A person-centred approach to your learning and development, including online and local training and workshops with an easily accessible digital resource.
- Local support groups and fostering events
- Out of hours service
- Comprehensive child and carer’s allowances
- Membership of Fostering Network
- Foster Carer’s library card
- CADW Fostering Family scheme